Hi, I'm David. I'm a Software Engineer living in the Seattle area. I've worked at some of the largest tech companies in the world. I started as an intern in 2013, then became fulltime at 2014. I've worked on systems level code for databases, and operating systems. I also have worked on service level code for a very popular smart assistant.
I've got experience in the following stacks, frameworks, and languages.
- .NET, C#
- Swift, iOS, tvOS, watchOS
- C++, C++/WinRt
- Splunk, Grafana,
- Linux, MacOS, Windows
- Terminal, bash, PowerShell
- Networking protocols: HTTP, IRC, TCP, TLS (ish)
- Deep debugging knowledge, WinDBG, DBG
- Light game making experience (DarkBasic, Unreal Engine, Unity)
- VS Code, Visual Studio (for Mac), XCode
- Working on SDKs to be consumed by app developers
- Working on client side services
- Worked on server side services as well as the client side processes that consumed server data.
- Writing testable code using mocks and dependency injection, Mockito, XUnit, MSTest
- Agile development planning and operation, including operating as scrum master.
Once I got into college, I started learning the proper ways to write code. Testing, and unit tests. Design docs, and UML diagrams.
My main interests are in gaming, networking protocols, and chat bots. I have interests in AI and crypto, but haven't spent a whole lot of time in that.
I'm not currently seeking employment, but if you have a role you think would be perfect for me, feel free to shoot me an email. me [at] david barajas (.) com (no space).