Hi, I'm David. I'm a 30 year old Software Engineer living in the Seattle area. I've worked at some of the largest tech companies in the world. I started as an intern in 2013, then became fulltime at 2014. I've worked on systems level code for databases, and operating systems. I also have worked on service level code for a very popular smart assistant.
I've got experience in the following stacks, frameworks, and languages.
- .NET, C#
- Swift, iOS, tvOS, watchOS
- C++, C++/WinRt
- Splunk, Grafana,
- Linux, MacOS, Windows
- Terminal, bash, PowerShell
- Networking protocols: HTTP, IRC, TCP, TLS (ish)
- Deep debugging knowledge, WinDBG, DBG
- Light game making experience (DarkBasic, Unreal Engine, Unity)
- VS Code, Visual Studio (for Mac), XCode
- Working on SDKs to be consumed by app developers
- Working on client side services
- Worked on server side services as well as the client side processes that consumed server data.
- Writing testable code using mocks and dependency injection, Mockito, XUnit, MSTest
- Agile development planning and operation, including operating as scrum master.
Once I got into college, I started learning the proper ways to write code. Testing, and unit tests. Design docs, and UML diagrams.
My main interests are in gaming, networking protocols, and chat bots. I have interests in AI and crypto, but haven't spent a whole lot of time in that.
I'm not currently seeking employment, but if you have an offer you think would be perfect for me, feel free to shoot me an email. me [at] david barajas(.)com (no space).